What should I do if I have a gas emergency?
In the event of a gas emergency, please call: National Gas Emergency Service 24hr Helpline on 0800 111 999.
An engineer from your Local Network Operator will attend site in 1-2 hours, make safe where necessary, and also organise any repairs on Network owned equipment.
If you suspect you have a gas leak, you should follow the advice below:
- Turn off the Gas at the Emergency Control Valve. This will be a handle near to the incoming supply pipe to the meter. Turn the handle until it is 90 degrees from the pipe to shut off the gas supply. PLEASE NOTE, this will leave you with no supply and should not be turned back on until the Network has attended to ensure the site is safe
- Open all doors and windows to ventilate the property
- Extinguish all naked flames and do not smoke
- Do not turn any electrical switches on or off
- Do not use any electrical equipment that could cause a spark
- Evacuate the building if required
- Suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
The Network has attended but I am still off supply?
- The engineer who attends will leave a report card detailing the issues found at site, what is required to resolve the issue and a reference number.
- Please call us with this information, along with a site contact name and number, on the details below:
Brook Green Supply - 0207 870 4940 (8am – 5pm)
Please note, if you are calling outside the hours of 8am and 5pm, you can press 2 which will put you through to our Out of Hours Emergency Providers.