SMART Meter Rollout
Smart Meters are the new generation of meters, similar to standard gas and electricity meters, but are able to show you the amount of energy you are using in both units and pounds and pence, in near real time.
Why do I need a Smart Meter
Smart Meters are able to communicate with us, sending us accurate meter readings and they can communicate with you too, informing you of your energy usage.
Smart Meters are beneficial to the UK’s Micro-Businesses as they help you monitor and manage your energy consumption.
- No more estimated bills or taking meter readings as Smart Meters provide us with accurate and frequent meter readings
- Save money on your energy bills as your Smart Meter advices you on how much energy you are using and how much you are spending
- Gain more control over your energy usage, as you can now see your daily consumption and manage ways to cut back on high usage
Can I get a Smart Meter?
If you are a Micro-Business, on a separate premises and own your own gas and electricity meter, you are eligible to receive a Smart Meter
According to Ofgem’s standards, you are a Micro-Business if you meet either of the following criteria:
- Consumes no more than 293,000 kWh of gas per year; or
- Consumes no more than 100,000 kWh of electricity per year; or
- Employs fewer than 10 employees.
What is an IHD?
When your Smart Meter is installed you’ll receive an option to have an IHD (In-Home Display) Screen, which we recommend, that will present how much you are spending on gas and electricity.
How much does it cost to get a Smart Meter?
Smart Meters are part of Britain’s measure to upgrade our energy supply and tackle climate change. Therefore, Smart Meters are completely free. There are no costs for the Meters, no costs for installation and there will be no charges on your bill once installed.
What is the Smart Meter Rollout?
The government has proposed for every home in England, Wales and Scotland to have a Smart Meter installed by 2020, as part of a measure to upgrade our energy supply and tackle climate change. Over the next 4 years, suppliers are aiming to install Smart Meters to all eligible homes and Small Businesses.
How do I get a Smart Meter?
If you are interested in having a Smart Meter installed please contact our Business Support Team at020 7870 4940 for more information.